SLC Police seeking information about homicide
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking the public for information about a homicide that occurred in Salt Lake City earlier this week.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said their investigation began at 8:25 a.m. Monday after they received information about an unconscious person on the ground near 400 S. 600 West.
When officers responded to the scene, they determined the individual — who was identified as an adult — was dead.
“Due to suspicious circumstances, the SLCPD Homicide Squad responded to investigate. The case was not initially classified as a homicide, pending further investigation and assistance from the Office of the Medical Examiner,” read a Thursday afternoon press release from the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Police said an autopsy conducted by the Office of the Medical Examiner later determined the person’s death to be a homicide.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information about the case has been asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-178180.
The victim’s name has not been released, pending identification confirmation and family notification.
This marks the 11th homicide for 2022 in Salt Lake City.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)