Rape charges dropped against Colby Ryan, Lori Vallow’s son
SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors dropped rape charges that were filed against Lori Vallow’s son Colby Ryan.
The charges were dropped last week, The East Idaho News reported.
“The case is under review by our office. The dismissal was without prejudice, which allows us to refile charges,” Jennifer Liewer from the Maricopa County Attorney’s office told EastIdahoNews.com.
Police alleged Ryan, 26, raped a woman at her Mesa, Ariz. home
The woman told police Ryan came over to her house, and the two began watching television and kissing. However, as Ryan pushed to do more, the victim decided she didn’t want to continue and told Ryan, “stop,” “this isn’t a good idea” and “I don’t want to do this,” according to the court paperwork.
Lori Vallow Daybell, Ryan’s mother, and her husband Chad Daybell are charged in Idaho with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of Ryan’s siblings – 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan – and Chad’s first wife, Tammy Daybell.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)