Teen dies after Midvale shooting; police searching for suspects
BREAKING: Unified Police say the victim, who has now been identified as a 16-year-old boy, has died after being shot Thursday night.
Police said they will provide an update later Friday morning.
Original story continues below.
MIDVALE, Utah — A man was hospitalized in very critical condition after being shot Thursday night.
Detective Arlan Bennett with the Unified Police Department said police received reports of shots being fired just after 9 p.m.
Officers arrived and found the victim near 7900 S. Main Street with gunshot wounds.
“There were a few suspect vehicles that were reported to have fled the scene shortly after this,” Bennett said.
Unified PD says a few suspect vehicles fled the scene shortly after the incident.
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) September 16, 2022
Police do not believe there is any threat to the public, and officers said all suspects were still outstanding as of Friday morning.
Bennett said several witnesses were interviewed Thursday night and the shooting remains under investigation.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)