Teen in custody after stabbing Taylorsville couple in home, police say
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Police say a Taylorsville couple has been hospitalized after they were stabbed, and officers have taken a 15-year-old suspect into custody.
Police said the suspect entered a home on Simper Lane near 4800 South Tuesday morning and stabbed both victims before fleeing the scene.
A child that was in the home was not injured.
When officers arrived, the female victim had exited the home and a neighbor was rendering aid.
Taylorsville Police tell us a couple was stabbed in their home. A female was able to go outside and a neighbor preformed first aid. Male and female taken to the hospital.. Suspect was apprehended, and is being questioned by police #KSLTV pic.twitter.com/tRF1xAlfG8
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 20, 2022
Police said both victims were hospitalized with “significant injuries” but an update on their conditions was not immediately available.
Officers were able to track down the suspect and took him into custody at a construction site near 4700 South and 3300 West. They said there is no threat to the public.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)