Two Taylorsville schools put under temporary lockout protocol
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Two schools in the Granite School District were briefly on lockout Thursday due to some “suspicious activity” nearby.
District officials shared a statement to parents and families of Eisenhower Junior High and Fremont Elementary at 9:40 a.m., saying police initiated the protocol because of what was going on near the neighboring Salt Lake Community College Campus.
Eisenhower Junior and Fremont Elementary Parents and Families,
Just a few minutes ago, local police initiated a Lockout protocol at our schools due to some suspicious activity in the neighboring area by the Salt Lake Community College Campus. pic.twitter.com/9BEDwK2NXT
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) September 22, 2022
The statement explained that the protocol means the exterior doors were secured and no one was allowed on or off campus. All outdoor activities were also brought inside.
“All students were safe and accounted for,” read the statement.
Officials said the lockout lasted several minutes “until the concern was resolved.”
The protocol has since been lifted and school has resumed as normal.
“The situation did NOT happen on our campus. There was never a direct threat towards our students or staff and the protocol was precautionary to ensure everyone’s safety,” read the statement.
Officials went on to say in their statement, “We do not have any additional information at this time regarding the law enforcement activity that prompted the protocol, but we have been informed that it was a false alarm.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)