20 semifinalist options for new Utah state flag unveiled at Capitol
SALT LAKE CITY — Lt. Gov. Deidre Henderson unveiled the 20 semifinalist designs that are in the running to become Utah’s new state flag on Thursday.
“What we have here, in the 20, in many cases, is a combination of ideas,” Jill Love, executive director of the Utah Department of Cultural and Community Engagement and member of the task force, told KSL.com. “We tried to get the public in these (20 designs) — the best of the best that represent the significant symbols that we heard were important to Utah. And that includes colors, too.”
— Tamara Vaifanua (@TamaraVaifanua) September 22, 2022
These flags will be displayed at an exhibition at the Capitol, as well as in Logan at Utah State University and Southern Utah University in Cedar City.
After the public comment period ends in October, the design review committee will narrow the field again to four to six finalists.
From there, the flag task force will present a finalist or two to Gov. Spencer Cox and Lt. Gov. Diedre Henderson, who will present their choice to the Utah Legislature in a special session.
The process is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)