KSL+: Electricity is finally running to Westwater
WESTWATER, Utah — After decades of darkness and empty promises, the lights are finally on in the Navajo (Dine) community of Westwater—one of the last places in the country to receive electricity.
What took so long? This week, we visit the small community just west of Blanding, to answer that question and to talk to the people who are impacted and the leaders who helped make it happen.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)