Lila Canyon Mine Fire still burning
EAST CARBON, Utah — The Lila Canyon Mine fire that started Wednesday was still burning Friday.
The mine is one of the top three coal-producing mines in Utah – with over 200 employees, producing 3.3 million tons of coal in 2020.
The fire was burning 1,200 feet underground and all miners were evacuated safely.
A crew from the Mine Safety and Health Administration in Denver arrived on the scene.
That crew will investigate the cause of the fire and determine the best course of action to put it out.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)