One injured after garbage truck crashes into Spanish Fork home
SPANISH FORK, Utah — One person was hospitalized after a garbage truck crashed into the garage of a Spanish Fork home.
Lt. Cory Slaymaker with the Spanish Fork Police Department said emergency crews responded to the home, located on the corner of 300 North and 200 West, at 7:39 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers arrived and found the garbage truck’s driver, identified as a 55-year-old man, still in the cab of the truck and unconscious.
Officers then removed the driver from the cab before paramedics transported him to Spanish Fork Hospital.
No update was immediately available on the driver’s condition, but Slaymaker said they believe the man had “some sort of medical incident resulting in the accident.”
Emergency crews were blocking the intersection of 300 North and 200 East while they worked with a heavy wrecker to try and remove the truck from the home, which suffered significant structural damage.
Three people were inside the home at the time of the crash, but no injuries were reported.
One of the occupants told KSL TV they were worried about three cats that were unaccounted for.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)