One critically injured in Salt Lake City shooting; police searching for suspect
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday morning after he was shot by another man.
Police responded to a shooting at the Wasatch Inn and found the injured man in the parking lot.
The Salt Lake City Police Department said officers responded to the area of 1416 S. State Street at approximately 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Detectives with @slcpd investigating a shooting at 1400 S. and State St. Police say two guys were arguing. One shot another and took off. Guy shot is in critical condition, police say they're still looking for the shooter. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/qnPFoA7VeR
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) October 11, 2022
Two men were arguing about something in the parking lot when one of them shot the other, police said.
The suspect then fled on foot. The victim was taken to an area hospital in critical condition. Homicide detectives were called out to the scene due to the victim’s injuries.
Police said they believe this was an isolated incident but the suspect is still at-large.
The suspect was described as an approximately 60-year-old Hispanic man, balding with no facial hair. He was last seen wearing a green puffy jacket, red and black sweatpants, and white shoes.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to call police at 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22-201391.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)