1 man arrested in SLC shooting, investigators continue search for gunman
SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Salt Lake say they have arrested a man involved in a shooting at a State Street motel but are still looking for the man they believe pulled the trigger.
Police took 71-year-old Thomas Leroy Glasker into custody on suspicion of attempted murder and obstruction of justice but have yet to locate Joseph Marquez, 60, who investigators said is the gunman. Marquez is accused of shooting a 38-year-old man who is said to be hospitalized in critical condition.
“Based on the preliminary investigation, there was some sort of argument between the victim and Marquez,” Salt Lake City Police Department said in a press release. “Witnesses have told detectives they saw Glasker give Marquez the gun.”
Glasker is also accused of aiding Marquez by acting as a getaway driver. Marquez, is described as a Hispanic man, 6 feet tell, with a medium build. Police released a picture of him.
“Marquez should be considered armed and dangerous,” SLCPD said.
Detectives with @slcpd investigating a shooting at 1400 S. and State St. Police say two guys were arguing. One shot another and took off. Guy shot is in critical condition, police say they’re still looking for the shooter. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/qnPFoA7VeR
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) October 11, 2022
Police said the 9-1-1 call about the shooting started at 10:05 a.m. Tuesday, sending police to the Wasatch Inn on State Street where officers found a shooting victim in the parking lot. Officers starting life-saving efforts, joined by EMTS and Salt Lake City Fire Department.
Detectives said it is believed Glasker went to the Wasatch Inn to meet Marquez and saw the fight as it was happening. Because of the “extent of the victim’s injuries, homicide police are leading the investigation,” SLCPD said.
“Charges are only allegations, and every arrested person is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt,” police said. “Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-201391.”
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)