One dead, two seriously injured in Tooele crash
TOOELE, Utah — One person died and two others were seriously injured Tuesday night following a two-car crash in Tooele.
The incident happened at 1220 S. Main Street.
Sgt. Nick Cutler with the Tooele Police Department said a black 2018 Nissan Ultima was traveling northbound on state Route 36, which turns into Main Street in Tooele, when it crossed the center line and into oncoming traffic. The vehicle — which had its headlights turned off — then collided with a 2020 Hyundai Elantra, which was being driven by a 20-year-old woman.
The driver of the Nissan, identified as a 35-year-old man, died from his injuries on scene, despite being provided medical care.
Cutler said the 20-year-old woman and a juvenile passenger in the Hyundai were flown in a medical helicopter to Salt Lake City hospitals. A description of their injuries was not immediately available.
Additional details about the crash, including the identity of the victim, have not been released.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)