Man arrested after attempting to rob bank teller in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A man was arrested Friday after police say he tried to rob a bank teller inside a supermarket in Cedar City.
Officials with the Cedar City Police Department said they were notified of the incident at America First Credit Union inside Lin’s supermarket at approximately 9:40 a.m.
When officers arrived on scene, they quickly made contact with the suspect.
“The suspect was identified as a client that is in a day program, and he ran away from staff,” read a Friday afternoon press release from the Cedar City PD.
Police said the suspect ran away from the library and eventually went inside Lin’s supermarket.
“He put his hooded sweatshirt over his head and walked up to the teller. He put his hands inside of his pockets simulating he had a weapon and demanded their money,” the release stated.
Police said the teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of cash, then he ran towards the exit of the supermarket. Staff were able to stop him and authorities were contacted.
Police said the money was recovered and no weapons were found on the suspect.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was taken into custody and booked in the Iron County Correctional Facility,
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)