Utah man arrested for allegedly threating to bomb a Catholic school in Washington
LAYTON, Utah — A 28-year-old Utah man was arrested after allegedly threatening to bomb an out-of-state elementary school, police say.
Cesar Olveda, 28, was booked into the Davis County Jail for a felony charge of threatening terrorism with a weapon on Friday, according to arrest documents.
Layton Police received a terroristic threat tip after Olveda allegedly posted a threat directed toward the school on his Instagram account.
“The post displayed a St Joseph Catholic School Logo with white text stating, ‘I’m gonna bomb attack St Joseph’s Catholic School in Kennewick, Washington and bomb it police FBI come and get me,'” according to arrest documents. The post displayed Olveda’s address.
Facebook provided police with the IP address for the post and confirmed it came from Olveda’s address, and he was the registered owner of the IP.
According to arrest documents, Layton PD officers spoke with a family member of Olveda who lives with him. The family member told officers that Olveda was “mentally unstable,” and they apologized for anything he said.
Authorities from Hill Air Force Base detained Olveda, and Layton officers questioned him. However, Olveda invoked his rights and refused to answer any questions.
“A search warrant was issued for (Olveda’s) residence, and a journal was located in (Olveda’s) bedroom, detailing his intentions to bomb St. Joseph’s Catholic School,” state arrest documents.
Sgt. Smith with Layton PD told KSL that Olveda has “pretty significant” mental health issues, and there is no concern that he actually had plans or means to bomb the school.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)