Biden kicks off student loan relief application season
One point six trillion dollars: That’s how much federal student loan debt Americans have racked up.
When President Biden announced plans to provide debt relief for up to 43 million people, not only did it catch the attention of borrowers, it caught the ears of scam artists.
“As soon as the announcement went out, within hours, we were getting reports that were out from our customers saying that they were getting solicited with student loan type scam,” said Zulfikar Ramzan, chief scientist with Aura, a cybersecurity company that helps folks stay safe online.
One thing he said scam artists are already doing is telling people they can help them jump to the front of the line.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)