Worker killed by falling granite in Salt Lake business
SALT LAKE CITY — A worker was killed Saturday when a piece of granite fell on him.
On Sunday, Salt Lake police said an emergency call was played at approximately 12:19 p.m. Saturday from 1998 N. Redwood Road, listed as Creative Granite & Design, though the business was not confirmed by police.
The call reported a large piece of granite falling on a 54-year-old employee who did not survive the incident.
Police said other employees immediately began life-saving efforts to no avail.
The man’s name is not being released and police said no additional information is available.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)