Woman critically injured after being hit by car in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman is in critical condition after she was struck by a car in downtown Salt Lake City Thursday morning.
Police said the collision happened at approximately 7 a.m. near 400 West and 400 South.
Sgt. Mark Wian with the Salt Lake City Police Department told KSL TV it appears the woman was not in a designated crosswalk and was crossing against the traffic lights.
A woman in critical condition after being hit by a car in Downtown Salt Lake City…
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) October 27, 2022
SLCPD’s Crash Analysis Reconstruction Team is investigating the crash and Wian said the driver was cooperating with their investigation.
Police closed one lane in each direction on 400 South and asked drivers to avoid the area while the closures are in place. All lanes had reopened by 10:24 a.m.
This is an auto-pedestrian crash in downtown SLC. 400 South may be restricted for several hours for investigation. Use a different ramp from I-15 to get into the city. https://t.co/MRSMtnrB0e
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) October 27, 2022
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)