National Geographic puts Utah on its “Best of the World” list
SALT LAKE CITY — National Geographic has named Utah one of the top 25 most inspiring travel destinations in the world.
The magazine released its 2023 “Best of the World” list Thursday and it ranked Utah as the only U.S. destination in the Adventure category and one of only five U.S. locations on the entire list.
The magazine said, “Get your adrenaline rush in less visited areas of the popular adventure state of Utah.”
“Utahns and visitors alike know that Utah is a place for a wide range of transformational experiences. National Geographic’s Best of the World recognition is a wonderful affirmation of our beautiful places,” said Utah Office of Tourism managing director Vicki Varela. “We welcome responsible visitation by people who share our vision of a perpetual visitor economy.”
Places in Peru, New Zealand, Austria, and Mexico were also listed in the adventure category.
“‘Best of the World’ is Nat Geo’s annual love letter to the most incredible places in the world, both near and far,” said National Geographic’s Editor-in-Chief Nathan Lump. “We couldn’t be prouder to shine a light on these 25 extraordinary places that most inspired us this year, and which we know will define travelers’ itineraries for years to come.”
You can see the entire ‘Best of the World’ list here.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)