I-15 express lanes to start tolling in Davis and Weber counties
OGDEN, Utah — Tolling will begin on the northbound and southbound express lanes, also known as carpool lanes, on Interstate 15 beginning Oct. 31.
Tolling will be on express lanes between Layton Parkway in Layton and Riverdale Road in Ogden.
Once tolling begins, the express lanes can be used by buses, motorcycles and drivers of carpool vehicles for free, or by single-occupant vehicles with an express pass or clean vehicle pass.
Prices for express pass users range from $0.25 to $2 per zone, depending on traffic. Zone pricing will adjust during peak travel times or when congestion increases.
Drivers with a gross vehicle weight greater than 12,000 pounds, those pulling trailers and solo drivers without an Express Pass or valid Clean Vehicle Pass are not allowed in the Express Lanes.
According to UDOT, “The activation of tolling on the Express Lanes in Davis and Weber counties will mark substantial completion of the Utah Department of Transportation I-15 Davis-Weber Express Lanes project. This project extended the Express Lanes on I-15 between Layton Parkway and Riverdale Road to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion along I-15.”
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)