Hazmat crews cleaning up mercury spill at South Jordan home
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Hazmat crews were working to clean up a mercury spill at a South Jordan home Monday night.
Deputy Chief Ryan Lessner with the South Jordan Fire Department said crews were called out to the home, located near 11700 Kings Crossing Way, around 5 p.m.
No injuries have been reported and Lessner said no one has reported any illnesses from the spill.
“Anytime we have an incident like this, they take a little bit longer because we want to make sure we have all the appropriate information to make the right decisions and keep everybody safe.”
Hazmat crews did not confirm how much mercury was spilled but said it was contained to the home. No other evacuations were issued.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)