Man accused of cutting woman in Roy parking lot during attempted robbery
ROY, Utah — A woman who had just loaded groceries into her car at a Roy store parking lot suffered a cut finger after a man, who police said is transient, tried to rob her at knifepoint.
The attack happened just before midnight on Halloween at the WinCo store on 3500 West in Roy.
Police arrested 22-year-old Isaiah Ezequiel Camacho. He’s in jail for one felony count of aggravated robbery.
“The suspect had asked her for some money and she stated she did not have any. She put her purse in the car and heard a voice saying ‘Give me your money,’” according to a probable cause statement. “She turned around and the suspect Isaiah Camacho lunged at her with a large fixed blade knife attempting to stab her.”
The woman screamed and Camacho ran the document stated. The woman was cut on her right index finger.
Camacho fled the scene, but police later found him a few blocks away with a fixed blade, according to the court document.
Police arrested Camacho, who police said is a transient.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)