Utah marching band heads to Grand Nationals in Indianapolis
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — Bands across the country have been competing for months in competitions leading to state championships and Bands Of America regional competitions.
American Fork High School once again reigned first place Saturday at Bands of America St. George Regional, one of 27 regional competitions in the States. The regional included 31 bands from Utah, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and California.
— BANDS OF AMERICA (@BANDSOFAMERICA) November 6, 2022
This years regional championship is a big deal because it could lead American Fork High School to Bands of America Grand Nationals. It will be hosted at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, an iconic venue many band members only dream of performing in.
The band completed their last home-town rehearsal before leaving for Indianapolis on Monday, and the community gathered to send them off with signs, balloons, and cheers.
American Fork performs Thursday, Nov. 10 at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (4:30 p.m. Mountain Time) and all performances will be streamed live for people to watch remotely.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)