Salt Lake City police looking to recover missing museum items
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is asking for the public’s help in recovering “several priceless and irreplaceable items” that have been missing from the department’s police museum since 2013.
According to a press release from the department, two of the displays that were showcased during its annual awards gala on May 15, 2013, at the Grand America Hotel disappeared.
“The person or persons who took the items did so without authorization,” the release stated.
We are asking for the community's help to recover several priceless and irreplaceable items that have been missing from our department's police museum for almost a decade.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) November 10, 2022
Police said the first display featured a father and son — John J. Roberts Sr. and John J. Roberts Jr. — who served with the SLCPD for more than 40 years. After serving as presidents of the Police Mutual Aid Association, the two were each given a gold PMAA “Past President” badge with their names engraved on the back.
“The missing display contained both PMAA ‘Past President’ badges, as well as each officer’s service badge and cap insignia,” the release stated.
The second display that was taken, according to the department, contained antique PMAA letterhead, PMAA booklets and possibly a copy of the PMAA letter of incorporation.
Anyone with information about any of the missing items has been asked to email the SLCPD’s Public Relations Unit.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)