3 iconic toys inducted into National Toy Hall of Fame
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Masters of the Universe action figures, Lite-Brite and a spinning top have been inducted into this year’s National Toy Hall of Hame.
The announcement was made Thursday during a ceremony at The Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York.
— The Strong Museum (@museumofplay) November 10, 2022
The 2022 inductees — which were selected by a 23-member committee of toy experts, as well as the public, which voted online — beat out nine other finalists, including bingo, Nerf, Breyer Horses, Catan, the piñata, Phase 10, Pound Puppies, Rack-O and Spirograph.
They will now be housed at the Strong museum alongside past honorees, which include American Girl Dolls, Risk, sand, Baby Nancy, sidewalk chalk, and Jenga, to name a few.
According to a news release posted on the Strong’s website, the National Toy Hall of Fame, which was established at The Strong in 1998, recognizes toys “that have inspired creative play and enjoyed popularity over a sustained period.”
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)