Sleigh rides return to Hardware Wildlife Management Area after hiatus
HYRUM, Utah — After a two-year hiatus, horse-drawn sleigh and wagon rides will be returning to the Hardware Wildlife Management Area near Hyrum.
According to a press release from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, the rides — which are being offered by Haviland’s Old Western Adventures — will be available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Dec. 2 through Feb. 12. Rides will start at 10 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m. each day.
“We’re excited to be able to offer the sleigh rides again at the Hardware WMA and to have Haviland’s as our partner in these efforts,” DWR Hardware WMA Manager Brad Hunt said. “We know they’ll do a great job.”
Sleigh rides at Hardware Wildlife Management Area are back! 🎉❄️ After a two-year hiatus, Haviland’s Old West Adventures — a longtime business in Cache County — will offer the rides on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, starting Dec. 2. Learn more: https://t.co/X1daepSo2r pic.twitter.com/1YXImuzRuk
— UtahDWR (@UtahDWR) November 15, 2022
Each ride lasts approximately 40 minutes, according to the release, and the fees are based on age:
- 9 years of age and older = $10
- 4 to 8 years old = $4
- 3 years of age and younger = free
“Because this is the first time since 2019 that the rides will be offered, there will likely be large crowds this winter. If you’d like to spend less time in line for a ride, consider visiting the WMA on a Sunday,” the release stated.
“Fewer people visit the WMA on Sundays, so you can typically get on a sleigh faster,” Hunt added.
Haviland’s will also have a food trailer on site for those looking to purchase snacks and beverages.
The Hardware WMA — which is 16 miles east of Hyrum — can be reached, according to the release, by traveling on state Route 101 through Blacksmith Fork Canyon.
For more information, click here.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)