Utah Jiffy Lube locations offering free catalytic converter VIN engravings
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Catalytic converter thefts are an issue many Utahns deal with, and a car maintenance company is hoping to help with that.
According to a Facebook post from the North Salt Lake Police Department, all Jiffy Lube locations in Utah are offering free catalytic converter VIN engravings.
“There is no appointment needed for this service and should only take about 10 minutes,” the post stated.
Police said the service will help deter thieves from stealing them, adding that it will assist law enforcement in tracking and prosecuting these cases.
At the end of April, KSL TV’s Matt Gephardt tested three other devices to see how they would stop a catalytic converter thief. Click here for more.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)