4 high school students questioned by police after car chase in Weber County
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — Police took four high school students from Weber County into custody after a short car chase ended with a minor crash.
No one was injured in the crash.
Police were initially called to the parking lot of Weber High School around noon Thursday on a report of a disturbance and people screaming.
When officers showed up, they approached four teens who jumped into a car, locked the doors, rolled up the windows, and took off, according to Pleasant View’s Police Chief Ryon Hadley.
Police chased after them. The short pursuit lasted about five miles going into North Ogden and then back into Pleasant View.
The chase ended after the students’ car sideswiped a stopped car at an intersection at 2700 North and 1000 West.
The four students pulled their car over and one ran from the scene.
Officers took the three remaining students into custody and later found the one who ran.
Pleasant View’s police chief said officers are investigating the juvenile driver for possible driving under the influence.
The chief said the four juveniles are students at Weber High School.
He said traffic was light and he’s glad no one was hurt, including the driver of the car that was sideswiped during the chase.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)