Police: Man stabs another man at Herriman dog park after argument
HERRIMAN, Utah — A verbal fight between two men turned physical at the Herriman K9 Memorial Dog Park Thursday afternoon.
At approximately 5:40 p.m., Herriman Police officers responded to the dog park near Main Street and Landsdowne Street after reports of a 37-year-old man and a 61-year-old man fighting each other, according to Herriman PD.
“The altercation turned physical. During the fight, the male (61) produced a pocketknife and inflicted stab wounds to the other male (37),” reads the Herriman PD statement.
Officers found the 37-year-old man with a stab wound and provided first aid to him before the man was sent to the hospital in critical condition.
The 61-year-old man complied with officers and was taken into custody to be interviewed, according to police.
“Any time we have an assault where a weapon is involved, all of our officers are responding as fast as they can to obviously preserve life and stop the threat,” said Sgt. Josh Jennings with Herriman PD.
Police are not saying the relationship between the two men or if there is one. Police now say the 37-year-old man is now in stable condition.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)