Fire destroys family home on ranch in Duchesne County
BLUEBELL, Utah — Business at BlueTree Farms has had to slow down in the last week after the owners’ home went up in flames.
“I got a call from my daughter saying the porch is on fire,” said Shanna Carlson, owner of BlueTree Farms. “The wind just took over, and it just blew the flames into the kitchen, then from there it just traveled into our back bedroom and had gone into the attic.”
Ranchers Shanna and Bjorn Carlson and their four children live on the farm where they raise grass-fed beef, grass-fed lamb, pasture-raised Berkshire pork, and pasture-raised chicken.
The couple also operates the business out of their home. They say this is a devastating loss for them, but they are grateful for the community’s support.
“We’re tough. We’ll just keep going and keep doing what we love,” Bjorn said.
BlueTree Farms sells its products at farmer’s markets and also delivers straight to customers’ homes. Unfortunately, right now, some of those deliveries will be impacted because of the fire.
“Deliveries are going to be a little bit behind schedule with what everything we’re dealing with here, so hopefully, our customers will understand,” Shanna said.
Friends have set up a GoFundMe* to help with rebuilding efforts.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)