‘The stoke is unreal!’ Skiers rejoice as four more ski resorts open Friday
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Friday marks the opening day for four more ski resorts across the state: Snowbasin Resort, Alta, Snowbird and Woodward Park City.
Sam Tyrrell and Benjamin Loforte are dedicated skiers who woke up well before sunrise to get in line at Snowbasin Resort.
“The stoke is unreal! We can’t wait!” Tyrell and Loforte said.
Skis and snowboards paired with music, chatter, and laughter: It’s the sweet sound of open season.
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) November 18, 2022
“We wanted the first ride up!” said Sawyer Moore.
Dedicated and diehard skiers, Moore and his friends have been camping outside waiting for opening day since Wednesday night.
Friday’s opening goes down in Snowbasin’s history.
“It’s the earliest opening in our 80-plus year history. We widened a lot of trails. We added more snowmaking, which is what’s helping us get open this early,” said Davy Ratchford, general manager at Snowbasin.
Ratchford said a lot of the investment that went into play over the summer is coming to light.
“We see it paying off in the winter, which is awesome!” Ratchford said.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)