Two hospitalized after explosion at Salt Lake City airport construction site
SALT LAKE CITY — Two construction workers at the Salt Lake City International Airport were hospitalized Friday after a container exploded on site.
According to Nancy Volmer, director of public relations and marketing for the airport, it happened in the area east of Concourse B, which is in phase 3 of construction.
Two workers received burns from the explosion, which occurred at approximately 9:50 a.m., and were taken to a local burn center — one in serious condition, according to Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Shaun Mumedy.
Both Volmer and Mumedy said they do not know what liquid was in the container.
The incident remains under investigation.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)