Teen on dirt bike hospitalized after colliding with vehicle
ROY, Utah — A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized Friday night after he collided with a car while riding a dirt bike in Roy.
The crash happened at 4800 S. Airport Road at approximately 7:39 p.m.
Stuart Hackworth, public information officer for the Roy City Police Department, said the teen was heading southbound on Airport Road. He was riding a dirt bike that had no lights or registration, which is not street legal.
The car involved in the crash was making a left turn off Airport Road to go eastbound on 4800 South. While making the turn, Hackworth said the vehicle turned in front of the teen.
The two collided and the teen was transported in serious condition. Hackworth said his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The driver has been cooperative with police, according to Hackworth.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)