Church opening six new missions in 2023
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Wednesday that they will be opening six new missions overseas in 2023.
Five of those missions will be in Africa, while the sixth will be in Europe.
The Church of Jesus Christ will create six new missions in 2023.https://t.co/Z6ONptl719
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) November 23, 2022
The missions are:
- Cote d’Ivoire Abidjan North Mission — a division of the Cote d’Ivoire Abidjan East Mission, with some areas currently within the Abidjan West Mission.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Kananga Mission — a division of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Mbuji-Mayi Mission.
- Nigeria Aba Mission — a division of the Nigeria Owerri Mission with areas also within the Nigeria Benin City and Nigeria Enugu Missions.
- Nigeria Abuja Mission — a division of the Nigeria Lagos Mission.
- South Africa Pretoria Mission — a division of the Botswana/Namibia and South Africa Johannesburg Missions, with areas of the South Africa Durban Mission also impacted.
- Romania Bucharest Mission — a division of the Hungary/Romania Mission, which will become the Hungary Budapest Mission.
According to a news release from the Church, mission presidents and companions will be announced in Jan. 2023.
Come July, when those new missions officially open, the Church will have 416 missions worldwide.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)