Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Police are investigating an incident where a purchased humidifier had 12.27 pounds of cocaine in it.
According to a police report, on Nov. 2, a man reported he had purchased a humidifier from NPS in Salt Lake City. “He opened the humidifier to find that the inner workings had been removed and 5 packages of drugs were found inside.”
Police responded to the address and the man led the police officer to a table with five small packages on it in the shape of a brick. One package had been opened, revealing a white powdery substance inside.
According to the report, everything about the bricks seemed consistent with narcotics packaging.
The man told the officer he had spent $80 on the humidifier and bought it to use in his house but when he opened it, there was bubble wrap inside it. He had to disassemble the humidifier to remove the bubble wrap at which point he noticed the packages.
He told the officer “the entire inner workings had been removed and wires cut, making the humidifier unusable.”
The substance was tested negative for fentanyl and heroin, but came back positive for cocaine.
The Davis County Metro Narcotics task force was called to seize the drugs and conduct an investigation.
The total weight of cocaine was 12.27 pounds.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)