Man arrested in Duchesne County for sexual exploitation of a minor
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A 23-year-old man has been arrested in Roosevelt City, Utah for sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to a Tuesday morning Facebook post from the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office, a search warrant was served on the man’s home by Duchesne County deputies, Utah Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force — sometimes called ICAC — and the Roosevelt Police Department.
He was arrested for eight counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, which is a second-degree felony.
“Law enforcement agencies across the state are working hard to prosecute these types of offenders for their crimes against our children,” the post stated.
Deputies went on to thank the public for assisting with reporting these types of crimes to law enforcement.
“Duchesne County will do everything possible to assist in the prosecution of these individuals,” the post stated.
Additional details about the incident were not immediately available.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)