Millcreek opens Utah’s largest outdoor skating rink
MILLCREEK, Utah — Utah’s largest outdoor skating rink is set to open in Millcreek.
The Millcreek Common Skate Loop, as it will be called, includes 11,000 square feet of ice and was made possible by a $500,000 Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant.
To kick off the opening, Millcreek is hosting its first annual Magic Ice Show on Dec. 1, 2, & 3 at Millcreek Commons, 1354 E Chambers Ave, Millcreek.
Free tickets to the event sold out in just two days, totaling nearly 6,000 tickets, which greatly exceeded
the expectations of the event organizers.
“We were blown away at the response,” said Millcreek Mayor Jeff Silvestrini. “This is an outstanding
turnout for our city’s first-ever ice show and demonstrates a huge demand in our community for
outdoor winter fun,” he said.
Aimee McConkie, Millcreek Common Executive Director said, “It’s fun to see Millcreek Common’s Skate Loop become a stage for ice skaters and performance artists to celebrate the scientific beauty and wonder of the Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis.”
The 3-night, 6-show Millcreek Magic Ice Show is designed to give guests an unforgettable show experience. Each night there will be two, 30-minutes ice shows at 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Guests can arrive early to enjoy food trucks and pre-show entertainment. Guest can also take a spin on the Skate Loop before, between, or after the shows. Ice skating tickets and skate rentals can be obtained online at the MillcreekCommon website.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)