‘It was a dream come true;’ Utah football fans hyped up for another Rose Bowl
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah football fans are making plans for the Rose Bowl after winning the PAC-12 championship game Friday night. The Utes beat the USC Trojans 47-24.
Many loyal fans celebrated the win by heading to the University of Utah campus bookstore to pick up more gear on Saturday.
Many of them were there to buy Christmas presents, including lifelong fans DeeEll and Cheryl Fifield.
“We are shopping for Utes stuff for our kids for Christmas,” DeeEll said.
He said he and his wife have been season ticket holders for 35 years. Their dream is to go to the Rose Bowl game, but they’re not sure about the price of tickets.
“We’d just dearly love to go, we would’ve loved to have been in Allegiant Stadium last night, but it’s just so pricey,” he said. “The ticket packages came out almost immediately after the game.”
Members of the Crimson Club received the following information from the university in an email Friday night:
- Tickets will be sold through the Crimson Club to members through priority windows from Dec. 5-9
- Crimson Club members will have a ticket limit based on their annual contribution level to the Crimson Club
- Crimson Club members must log in to their TicketMaster account to purchase tickets. They can select actual seat locations for the Rose Bowl from a seating map.
- Full payment for the tickets is required at the time of checkout.
- Tickets for the game will be digital. Fans can contact the Utah Ticket Office via phone or text at 801-581-8849 Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fans can also purchase travel packages through UtahSportsTravel website. Packages include:
- Pregame Tailgates
- Game Day Transportation
- Game Day Experiences
A spokesperson for the university’s athletics department said the school is not releasing the number of tickets available.
Utes fan Shad Mecham said he will buy his tickets through the Crimson Club.
“We just booked our rooms this morning, and we’ll get tickets later today or later this week,” he said.
Mecham said it’s been great to be a Utah fan the past few years.
“It’s hard, it’s a tough conference, and going four years in a row is just amazing,” he said. “Kyle’s [Whittingham] done a great job, the team, they work hard, and they play hard. It’s a good team to cheer for.”
The Fifields said, near or far, they will cheer on their team with pride.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)