Elderly man dead after house fire in Cache County
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — An elderly man was killed in a house fire Sunday morning.
First responders received a call of a house fully engulfed with smoke and flames at approximately 8:45 a.m. in Lewiston, Utah, according to the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
Fire crews with Lewiston and Smithfield responded while deputies from the sheriff’s office provided traffic control.
“While the blaze was being brought under control, first responders were informed that the resident had not been seen exiting the residence and was not accounted for,” reads the sheriff’s office statement.
Family members told first responders that he was last seen in the home the night before.
“After fighting the fire for some time, firefighters were able to enter the structure and confirmed that an individual was inside and was deceased,” according to the sheriff’s office.
Authorities identified the man as 89-year-old Joe C. Nunez.
Investigators believe the fire was accidental, but the investigation is still ongoing for the official cause.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)