Utah recreation businesses are celebrating recent snowstorms
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Recent snowfall is paying off in a big way for many recreation-based businesses in Utah.
Businesses like ClubRec, based in Huntsville, Utah, say that things are looking really good for them this winter season.
“First year in several years that we’ve actually had snow, I mean, it’s what? The 11th, 12th of December, and we’ve been operating for a good solid week,” said Paul Avner, manager of ClubRec.
He said in the past few years, snowy conditions like these aren’t seen until mid or late January.
Because of his industry, snow equals money, and in the last few years, things were less than ideal.
“It was a tough couple of years with the lack of snow that we’ve had,” Avner expressed.
But thanks to the last few days, it’s one of the best seasons they have recently seen.
“Yeah, this is like perfect. You can’t draw it up any better. We’ve had storm after storm after storm,” Avner said.
And the snow is enough to draw tourists to Utah and to ClubRec to enjoy the snow.
“We usually come in the middle of December, and some years it’s a little iffy, but man, we hit the jackpot today,” said Burton Barnes from Nashville.
And this snowfall is already promising for the summer months.
Avner runs rentals on Pineview and Willard Bay. He said over the past two years, business, along with the water, has been down, but the recent snowfall is a good sign for them.
“It translates directly into summer activities with water and all that stuff. So when snow doesn’t come, we’re kind of nervous for summer as well,” Avner said.
If the snow keeps coming to Utah as it has been in recent weeks, then businesses like ClubRec could make a turn for the better.
“I mean, we look forward to having the snow, and that’s why we live in Utah, is to have the different seasons, right?” Avner expressed.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)