Davis County residents digging out after non-stop snow falls
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — One area where the snow has not let up since Tuesday’s storm started working its way into the state is Davis County.
The East Bountiful bench had officially picked up 11 inches of snow by mid-afternoon Tuesday, and the snow showed no signs of slowing down late into the evening.
Ed Fila and his wife took shifts Tuesday shoveling the driveway, not that they mind.
“I’m sure a bunch of us have prayed our butts off,” Fila laughed. “But we got it and I’m so glad.”
At the Centerville Home Depot, Assistant Manager Pat Stark said “ice melt,” shovels and snowblowers were moving out as fast as they could move merchandise in. And even with the crowds, she said the store is well stocked.
“We just had a lady and her son come in. They bought one of the electric snowblowers, and her son, he was about seven,” Stark told KSL TV. ”He was able to push it out to the car, and he was really excited that he was going to be able to help mom.”
She said the store is selling thousands of bags of “ice melt” a day, something she hasn’t seen in years.
“I have not seen a winter where it’s just coming down all day like this,” Stark said.
As for Fila, he is part of a physician’s group in the Valley that focuses on clean air. He said this storm is exactly what the Valley needs and hopes to see a lot more.
“I have had times where I couldn’t get up here,” Fila said. “I don’t care if you have 4-wheel drive, I’ve had to park the car and walk in the past and I hope it happens to me again.”
And if the snow keeps falling for another few days, it just might.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)