Missing snowmobiler rescued after being stuck in Lake Creek
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A snowmobiler separated from his group needed rescuing after getting stuck in heavy snow Tuesday evening.
At approximately 4:40 p.m., the 22-year-old man called 911 saying his snowmobile was stuck in a creek bed and the snow was too deep to walk through, according to Wasatch County Search & Rescue.
“He had become separated from his party for a couple of hours,” reads the search & rescue Facebook post. “The poor signal was dropped before a GPS could be located.”
Crews responded to the top of the Timberlakes and began their search for him. They found him after dark and got him off the mountain without further issues.
Wasatch County Search & Rescue said the snow was deep, with little to no base to walk on, and warned others to be careful when enjoying the snow.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)