Two properties damaged in Spanish Fork fire
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Multiple outbuildings on two properties were severely damaged after an exterior fire.
At approximately 12:38 a.m. Thursday, crews responded to the fire near 400 E. Center Street in Spanish Fork.
Once on the scene, crews had the fire contained in 24 minutes, and it was completely extinguished in two hours.
After an investigation, Spanish Fork Public Information Officer Nick Porter said the fire likely began in a carport between the two properties and was caused by a propane heater malfunction.
Estimated damages from the fire were $60,000. The exteriors of both homes were melted and damaged, but the fire did not progress to damage the interiors.
A family was displaced due to damage to their home and utilities and was taken in by other family members in the state.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)