Police seek group involved in aggravated assault of store employee on Black Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a group of people who allegedly assaulted a store employee at Gateway on Black Friday.
Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating the assault, at this point, the names and ages of the suspects are unknown.
At 6:28 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, 2022 SLC911 received a call about a large group of people, possibly teenagers, actively assaulting an employee at a store near 100 South Rio Grande Street.
As officers responded, the group involved ran off.
When officers arrived, they found a 38-year-old man who had been attacked by the group.
Detectives learned the group got into an argument with the man which led to the group surrounding the man and assaulting him, causing multiple injuries.
The man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and he has since been released.
A release from police states, “During the investigation, officers learned that before the aggravated assault at the Gateway Mall, security from another downtown mall escorted the same group from their property for causing a disturbance. Detectives are investigating this case as an Aggravated Assault with a Riot enhancement because of the large number of people involved.”
Anyone who recognizes any of the people involved, should call 801-799-3000 and reference case 22-232961.
NOTE: This story included a police photo of the suspects but one was later found to be a juvenile and the photo has been removed.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)