Firefighters gain control of house fire near Logan Tabernacle
LOGAN, Utah — Firefighters early Saturday say they’ve gained control of a house fire just east of the Logan Tabernacle. The area is still an active scene, so individuals should use caution in the area.
The fire department was dispatched around 4 a.m. Saturday morning to a home at 156 E. 100 North in Logan.
The home was built around 1900 that was converted into four different apartments, said Logan Assistant Chief Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys.
“On arrival we did find smoke and flames in the structure,” Humphreys said. “It was difficult to find the fire with the different apartments on the different levels. The fire extended from a second floor apartment up into the attic and extended throughout the roof.”
The chief added that all five people who were living in the building are safe and accounted for; however, there are some pets that have not yet been located.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)