4,000 customers without power in Utah County
SALT LAKE CITY — Rocky Mountain Power said it is working to restore electricity to 4,080 customers in Utah County.
The power company said the outage affects Orem, American Fork, Vineyard, and Lindon.
A tweet said the company expects to get service up and running by 9:30 p.m.
We’re aware of a power outage affecting 4,080 customers in Vineyard, Orem, Lindon, and American Fork, UT. The cause is under investigation. The estimated time of restoration is 9:30 pm. For updates, please text OUT to 759677 or visit https://t.co/5KJ7zd0MQ1. pic.twitter.com/kfnbv8yesE
— Rocky Mountain Power UT (@RMP_Utah) December 21, 2022
It’s never a good time to deal with a power outage but the timing was not ideal.
Winter weather advisories are in effect as a storm moves into northern Utah, bringing strong winds and dangerously cold temperatures.
The storm does not drop deeply into Utah County but temperatures remain cold.
The heaviest snow is expected to fall in the Wasatch Mountains, which could see 6 to 12 inches. Some parts could see up to 15″ of snow, according to the National Weather Service.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)