8 teen girls charged with murder in Toronto stabbing death of man, 59
TORONTO (AP) — Toronto police say eight teenage girls who apparently met on social media have been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of a 59-year-old man.
Investigators allege that the girls assaulted and stabbed the man in Toronto’s downtown core early Sunday morning. Police say medics took the man to a hospital, where he died. Police say the girls were arrested near the scene of the attack.
Homeless man swarmed and killed by a young group of girls. Hate and violence targeted at homeless people is constant. 💔https://t.co/INkGt8npe7
— Zoë Dodd (@ZoeDodd) December 20, 2022
Three of them are 13 years old, three are 14 and two are 16. Detective Sgt. Terry Browne of the Toronto Police Service Homicide Squad says the girls got into an altercation earlier in the night in that area.
Hey says they met on social media and come from various parts of Toronto.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)