‘COLD’ and ‘The Letter’ receive praise from Amazon Music
Two KSL podcasts are being praised by Amazon Music: “COLD” was recognized as one of the Best Newcomers Podcasts and “The Letter” was recognized as one of the Most Popular in 2022.
Amy Donaldson, creator of The Letter, and Andrea Smardon, a producer for The Letter, say they’re grateful people listened with open minds and generous hearts.
“I am overwhelmed and grateful for this recognition from Amazon. When we began working on The Letter several years ago, we hoped it might inspire move people to explore loss and grief in their own lives,” Donaldson said. “We hoped it would invite conversations about the healing power of love and connection, as well as prompt more substantive discussions about forgiveness – what it is – and is not – and the role it plays in our lives.”
“I’m honored by this recognition from Amazon. It’s my sincere hope that “COLD” season 3 can play a role in uncovering the truth of what happened to Sheree Warren and bringing her home at long last,” “COLD” podcaster Dave Cawley said. “Listeners have granted “COLD” a great deal of trust. None of us who work on “COLD” take that lightly. We tell stories that are sometimes difficult, but aim to do so responsibly and respectfully.”
Cawley hopes the stories from “COLD” help shine light on larger issues.
“I believe there’s power in sharing the stories of women like Susan Powell, Joyce Yost and now Sheree Warren. Their individual experiences highlight broader issues including the dangers of domestic abuse, the failures of the criminal justice system in protecting survivors of sexual assault, and how abuse can escalate to outright violence.”
Of course, none of the podcasting would be possible at all without those willing to share their stories.
“This project would never have been possible without the generosity of all of those involved, but especially Ron and Sy Snarr and Yvette Rodier and Dave Whitby,” Donaldson said. “Their willingness to share their own experiences, both painful and redemptive, created a transformative experience.”
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)