One man dead in officer-involved shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was killed in an officer-involved shooting Wednesday evening in West Valley City.
The U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Strike team were attempting to “locate and arrest a man on warrants issued out of Millard and Salt Lake Counties for firearms and drug offenses,” according to a release.
Around 7:15 p.m., the U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Strike team approached a home with four occupants who complied with law enforcement and left the residence. The team was able to confirm the man was in the home, and located him inside a locked bedroom hiding in a closet.
Commands were given but the man did not comply.
The release states, “Ultimately, the subject brandished a firearm and multiple VFAST members fired upon the subject striking him.”
A medic immediately began life-saving measures until additional emergency medical personnel arrived, however, the man succumbed to his injuries and died shortly after their arrival.
The man was only identified as a white, 29-year-old male.
According to the release, “The West Valley City Police Department’s critical incident protocol team was notified and assumed control of the scene and the investigation.”
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)