KSL+: What’s behind the bans on TikTok?
SALT LAKE CITY — Tens of millions in the U.S. have the social media app TikTok on their phone. But in recent weeks, Utah has joined a growing list of states banning the software from state-owned devices.
This week, we dive into the debate playing out over TikTok — one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.
Does it really pose a threat to government data? What about your personal data? Journalists Matt Rascon and Eliza Pace talk to city and state agencies and a law professor about the app.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)