Shoe sale turned armed robbery in Pleasant Grove late Saturday
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A man pulled a gun when he met up with someone to purchase shoes off of Facebook Marketplace, robbing the victim of the shoes.
At approximately 11:37 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a call of an armed robbery that had happened about 15 minutes prior.
According to the probable cause statement, the victim messaged the suspect 20 minutes before meeting up near 1100 North and 500 East in Pleasant Grove.
When the victim arrived to sell a collectors shoe, red Jordan 5’s, for $150 to the suspect who was identified as 20-year-old Wyatt Meadows. When the victim arrived, Meadows was there waiting.
Sgt. Cory Fenton with Pleasant Grove Police Department said he walked up to the seller’s car and pulled a gun and pointed it at the victim, demanding the sneakers.
The victim handed them over and the suspect walked away.
The suspect was taken into custody shortly after, Fenton said he was located on 1100 North, just a few blocks away from where the incident occured. There, he resisted officers attempt to take him into custody, but was successfully taken in.
During investigation, police determined that the firearm that Meadows used was stolen out of the Salt Lake County area.
He was booked in the Utah County Jail for aggravated robbery, obstruction of justice, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, and theft of a firearm.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)